Tips For Parents
SAFETY ON GRILLING
- Always grill away from the house.
- Keep children and pets a safe distance from the grill (at least three feet away).
- Do not wear loose clothing or anything that might come in contact with flames.
- Never leave a grill unattended.
SAFETY WITH CAMPFIRES
- Children and pets should always stay at least 3 feet away from fire, even while roasting marshmallows.
- Remember to PUT IT OUT AND MAKE SURE IT’S OUT! before leaving the area.
- Allow the wood to burn completely to ash and pour lots of water on the fire to drown and extinguish all embers.
- Have no idea of the power of one match, what burns and how rapidly fire spreads
SAFETY WITH FIREWORKS
- Keep matches and lighters out of sight and out of reach
- The NFPA opposes the consumer use of fireworks, this includes sparklers and firecrackers. If you want to see fireworks, go to a public show
*Source: National Fire Protection Association